Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Why I Hate Yahoo v3.0.1.6

In all honesty, I should have known better than to try and report the scam/fraudulent message that I received in my yahoo 360 mailbox.

Yahoo sends these messages through their own server network and not even their own email app (yahoo mail), so you never see the sender's addy or information, only the yahoo system relay addy.

any way... in trying to do the right thing, I tried to report this fraudulent email to the best of the ability that yahoo's system would allow me (give me access to pertinent info, etc)


complaint from me...
response from them....
response from me to them....
2nd response from them....
final response from me to them....

LOL, they may cancel my account after this....

anyway, here is their 2nd response to me, and my final response...



Yahoo! 360 <360-abuse@cc.yahoo-inc.com> wrote: Dear (insert name of Karma's primary identity),

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! 360.

Unfortunately, once you delete a 360 message, the URL is no longer valid
as the message is gone (the URL is the location of the message in your
mailbox, not the page of the person who sent the message). In the
future, please provide the URL of the 360 home page of the person who
sent the "spammy" message so we can investigate and take action.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! 360. Let me know if you have any
questions.

Regards,


x-o-x-o-x-o-x-o-x-o-x


and, just htf am I supposed to have their homepage addy?

it's an automated message sent through your system, on your servers... their addy isn't even listed on the message, only the 360 relay addy...

thank you for yet another reminder of why it is that I moved to google

No comments: