Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Off to Bed

The night shift went pretty well. I'm tired. More than a bit achy. The temperature plummeted from an unseasonable and balmy 65 degrees to 39 with rain most of the night. Of course, once I no longer had need to be running around in the rain, it stopped.

Hindolo came by work last night to have me weigh his luggage for his trip. The things I do.

My drama queens were none too dramatic. Nate did attempt to take their place. I let him know that Joni was on grounds and asked if he needed me to call her. I got a quick "no," and he went back to bed and no more screaming was to be heard. Harold, however, moaned and yelled all night long.

I shouldn't have to be rolled out of bed at 1:30 to go watch the boys when my daughter leaves for work as my son-in-law is home again today. The payday before Christmas, and he has missed two days of work. This means that my daughter will be asking me to pick up some of the slack regarding spending money on presents for the kids. I'm not going to do it. I have already decided how much I'm spending on Christmas. And, what I'm spending is what I'm spending. Period.

K.C. has become quite adept at finding the catnip these last few days. I do not know what has gotten into her. No matter where I put it, she gets it down and scatters it all over the floor. Wretched beastie.

I'm tired. I'm cold. I hope my bed is warm.




No comments: