Saturday, December 8, 2007

Night Shift

Made it through the night with only incidental drama and with few real events. Just wondering about some things that we do on my job that are really stupid. Why is it that we expect someone who is on a pureed diet to be able to swallow a mouthful of large pills? Why do we expect people to get out of bed at 6am on the weekend and expect them to be well rested when we are in bothering them every 2 hours during the night?

I had one staff in particular who was quite disappointed that I was working all night. The comment I got when I showed back up in the apartment at 12:30am was, "I thought you would have gone home by now." The look on her face when I told her that I was working the overnight let me know that I had ruined her night's sleep. I'll have her fired by the end of the month for sleeping. I may not have caught her last night, but I still have more nights coming. I will be adding in some additional night shifts for training a new nurse who starts next week. Funny how some of the overnight staff really hate to see me on grounds past 11pm. It's OK though, they hate to see Edie, Joni, Brian... any one who would actually fire them for being asleep.

It's late/early, and the dog is indicating to me that I should be in bed.

No comments: