Friday, December 7, 2007

30 Minutes and Counting...

I’m having one last cup of coffee before I return to bed. The mark of a true night shift nurse. I talked with Brian this morning. I commented that I was up until 3am. He said how can anyone be awake at 3am. My response was that was why I worked nights and he didn't.

The snow is coming down pretty steadily - fine and wet. Good for making snowballs kinda snow. Should make for fun driving later.

Pam yelled from her kitchen window as I was going out to warm the van that she would take the kids to school this morning. I had the little boys at the sitter's house and was back by 9:20. Not too different from my usual time frame, unfortunately.

I keep telling my daughter that I want clothes laid out and children bathed the night before. I may as well be talking to the dog. None of this has come to pass. I am tired of having to rummage through drawers and baskets of laundry to try and find clothes on a daily basis. I still have no idea where socks for the little boys may be. I haven't put a pair of socks on them in at least two weeks because I can't find any. I refuse to dig through an over-sized laundry basket full of unmatched socks to try and locate two pairs of bitty socks. Things will change for next week or she can bathe and dress her own children and get them to the sitter's and to school. I am done! I had to go down to the basement yesterday and find two small winter coats to wash up for the boys to wear. I have been taking them out in this frigid weather in sweatshirts and light jackets. (Without socks.) I bought a winter coat for Jonathan last year, which he has out grown, but Gabe would certainly be able to fit it. Of course, Gabe can still fit his own winter coat from last year. I found Gabe's old coat and Trinity's old size 4T "dalmatian print" coat for Jonathan to wear. He loves the "doggie coat." Amanda had said that she planned to get new winter coats for the little boys when we were shopping and she got new winter coats for the big kids. Two months later, no winter coats for the little boys and no snow boots for anyone. However, newly released DVD's proliferate each and every Tuesday, except for this last one. As they had to spend $120 for a new ignitor and adapter unit for their furnace, there was no extra money for DVDs. My son-in-law must have whined about this a great deal at work because one of his coworkers, Crazy Mary (Yes, she really is crazy.), bought two new releases for him this last week. Apparently my grandchildren would have perished had they not been able to see the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie the day it came out on DVD.

I have run 10 minutes over on my time limit, but I certainly do feel a bit better. Now, about that guy....




No comments: