Saturday, December 1, 2007

Coffee and Xanax

Hanging with the grands while Michael and Amanda work this morning. I go to work at 2pm. Have you observed a disturbing pattern that dominates my reality? Sufficient explanation for the title of this entry, don't you agree?

Haven't bothered to call or email the guy for a couple of days. And, the last communication was merely some funny photos I found on the internet for a stress relief break. Given the lineup of nurses scheduled to work today, I should only have to see the guy (and Helen up his ass) in passing. May not need that Xanax after all, as Michael will be here within the hour to rescue me from the spawn. As I commented to Joni about that particular attachment, he doesn't realize how much Amy (coworker and seriously territorial girlfriend) and I are alike. Joni's response to me, if he weren't such a whore, he wouldn't care if people at work knew that we were going out. She makes a good point in spite of the fact that the grapevine is what it is.

It is noon. I loaded and have started the dishwasher. About as ambitious at I'm getting around these parts today. Just a bit lazy after running the dishwasher twice and rotating some laundry. The kiddos did a pretty decent job on cleaning up in the living and dining rooms. I convinced them that doing a bit extra would be a good thing, and they brought all the laundry down from the bathroom without an argument. They are currently upstairs making wall decorations for Santa. There is no argument in progress, so it works for me.

Time to start getting ready for work. Michael should be here momentarily, and I will be out the door in about an hour to a promised high temperature of 39 degrees (still 27 so I'm not buying it), to sorting through the paperwork that got screwed up last night during change-over, to the unknown but to be expected drama. Could live without all three commodities, but I don't see that happening any time soon.



No comments: