Friday, December 28, 2007

One For Friday

It has been a long couple of days so far, and I really should be headed to bed. The night shift looms.

Picked the guy up at the airport last night, and we got to sleep not long after midnight. I headed for home before 6am and phoned to wake him for work at 8am.

So, I wonder what new rumors and or variations he is hearing today? I don't really care. It doesn't bother me, but he is upset by it all. At Christmas, I asked Chris if she remembered him from when she worked there. She didn't. As she commented when I told her I was dating one of the staff, "Oh, I know the grapevine just loves that, fucking Peyton Place."

Last night, I told him that I want a divorce. As this quarter of school is looking as bad as the last, I feel justified. "Ah, you know how I am when I am in my books." I repeated that I wanted a divorce. He continued to ignore me.

I so hate AOL. Benazir Bhutto was assassinated yesterday; it was not on the scrolling front page clicks or even listed in a Top Stories link. However, the fact that Paris Hilton is being essentially disinherited by her grandfather giving 97% of his fortune to charity was right up there along with Mother Of The Year Britney Spears and her knocked-up teenage sister. Oh, and knocked-up Jessica Alba is now engaged to her baby daddy. And, Mischa Barton's mug shot from a DUI arrest made the front page. I have not clicked over to Yahoo yet, but I'm not holding much hope for content of a much higher caliber.

Being me, I had to pop on over to Yahoo and take a peak. I will give them credit, they had valid content on their front page. **NOTE TO SELF : Change home-page on Mike and Amanda's laptop.**

The guy and I were just settling in to sleep last night. After I had asked for my divorce and we were talking about my boss wanting to use some of his pharmacology books this quarter. My phone rang. It was Brian. I answered the phone with, "Were your ears burning?" No. He had called to tell me that one of our patients had just died within the last hour. I told Hindolo that Carl had died. "When?" "Just a little bit ago. Brian was calling to let me know. That's just something the nurses do." I'm just calling Jane now to make sure that someone has phoned Carol. Someone forgot to phone me once, and it was a great shock to come back to work a few days later, be in the middle of report and ask about someone to be told that they had died earlier in the week. So, Carol was always the person who would make sure I got a call if I happened to be off. I want to make sure Carol gets a call as she is on vacation this week.

Carl was one of the people that I really hadn't expected to still be there when I came back to work last year, but I was really glad to see that he was. He was sans both legs above the knee when I returned, and he was by no means as sharp as he had been when I worked there previously, but he was still Carl. He was not without his moments of clarity and even managed to grab my ass one day when I was wearing the insidious hoochie-momma low-rise jeans. LOL That was Carl.

I am off to bed. I'll have some thoughts on some relevant things with the next entry. That's the plan, anyway.

No comments: